"Andre Polykanine" <an...@oire.org> wrote:

>Hello Ashley,
>
>By  the  way,  the  non-last  optional parameter can't be missed, am I
>right? In some languages we could write something like:
>function test ($a, $foo=50, $bar=true) {
>// ...
>}
>
>Then call it like this:
>
>$m=test("blah", , false);
>
>meaning
>
>$m=test("blah", 50, false);
>This is impossible in PHP, isn't it?
>Thanks!
>
>--
>With best regards from Ukraine,
>Andre
>Skype: Francophile
>My blog: http://oire.org/menelion (mostly in Russian)
>Twitter: http://twitter.com/m_elensule
>Facebook: http://facebook.com/menelion

Yes, it behaves like any built-in php function in that respect, you can't omit
a parameter mid-way in a param list. However, you can give it a dummy value
that you can look for and ignore in your code, but it gets a little more
complex then.

I did forget to mention that a function also has a special func_get_args()
method that can be used to access parameters sent to the function that weren't
in the function declaration.

Thanks
Ash