On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:40:06 -0400, eth...@earthlink.net (Ethan Rosenberg)
wrote:
> [...]

I have developed a common engine which I use for several different websites. I
had been
using PHP 5.2.? and IE6 (yes; I know!), and had been able to have multiple
sessions open
at once, displaying the same or different websites, without them interfering
with each
other. This was incredibly useful; I could be looking at, or even edit,
different parts of
the same, or different, websites simultaneously without any problems.

But I recently had a hard disk crash and had to re-install all the system
software. Now I
have PHP 5.3 and IE 8, and find that if I try to do this the various sessions
interfere
with each other. From the above comment I gather that this is because IE 8
combines all
the instances, whereas previously each instance was treated as a different user.

Is there any simple way to make IE 8 treat each instance as a new user, or
should I switch
to Chrome and use the Incognito feature?

Roger Riordan AM
http://www.corybas.com/