Hi,

> - Browsers generally have a 5 minute time-out. If you send the PDF directly
> to the browser and reach the limit, it will be lost. It is therefore advised
> for very big documents to generate them in a file, and to send some data to
> the browser from time to time (with a call to flush() to force the output).
> When the document is finished, you can send a redirection to it or create a
> link.
> Remark: even if the browser times out, the script may continue to run on
> the server.
>  <http://www.php.net/unsub.php>

When it comes to the user end, they wont wait for more than 1 min. So
redirection after generating the report is not possible. But creating link
may be a good idea. How can it be done? I mean shouldn't there be a service
running in the server to process these request after the execution of the
php script is completed? Also shouldn't we post all the report generation
request to a database so that serial processing can be done?