Hello,

I am trying to install PHP4 on a redhat 6.2 box.
I have got mysql-3.23-39 and apache-1.3.14-2.6.2
installed.
I did a
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php
--with-config-file-path=/usr/loca/php
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql  --enable-track-vars
--enable-magic-quotes --enable-debugger

and then a make and make install

when i try to restart apache i get this error:-
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 873 of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/libphp
4.so: undefined symbol: uncompress

line 873 is this
LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so and
the next is
AddModule mod_php4.c

Would be grateful if someone could help me