Hello,

I am making an application using PHP/Javascript/mysql and had a question.

Sometimes I need to use javascript to fill a drop down box based on the value
of a previous drop down box.  However, the information to fill the latter is
stored in mysql and can be a lot, what I have been doing is that, using PHP, I
create hidden fields with all the possible information that might be needed to
fill the second drop down.

For example, the user chooses a bank from a drop down, and then a list of
clients is displayed on the following drop down.  I use PHP to read all clients
from all the banks and put that as hidden fields on the html page.  It is very
cumbersome.

I do not want to read the database (which changes dynamically) from javascript
directly due to confidentiality and because a lot of care has been taken to
create the appropriate  queries with checks and protect misuse of the
information using PHP.

My questions are:
1) Do people just normally use hidden fields to store possible information to
fill the drop downs?
2) any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Ramiro