On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Tedd Sperling <t...@sperling.com> wrote:

> As for the discussion re jQuery and such, there's no need -- it was not used
> in this demo. IOW, no jQuery was harmed. I am not against jQuery, on the
> contrary I think it's great, but it's not always needed for client-side
> functionality. As I see it, there is no need for a sledgehammer to drive a
> thumb tack.

    As an aside on the subject of jQuery, our very own Jay Blanchard
has written a comprehensive book on the topic entitled "Applied
jQuery: Develop and Design":

        http://links.parasane.net/92xb

    It's one of the very rare (read: two) programming books found on
my shelf.  The other is "Jamsa's C/C++ Programmer's Bible" by Kris
Jamsa and Lars Klander.  I borrowed it from my brother for reference
when Internet connections wouldn't be available.... perhaps someday
he'll get it back, too.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager