On November 29, 2012 12:00:44 AM Adam Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Ray <r...@stilltech.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm not positive if this is the right list, or if other info is required.
> > If this is the wrong list, please recomend a better one. If other info is
> > desired, just ask.
> >
> > I am having some problems with the PECL PS (postscript) extension. For
> > some
> > commands, everything works properly, but when the code tries to deal with
> > fonts, it seg faults and core dumps. In my code, the problem appears to be
> > caused by the ps_setfont command.
> > I have some code that uses it that used to work, but no longer does. I
> > have
> > confirmed the same behaviour with the example code that ships with the
> > extension, glyphlist.php for a specific example. I have un-installed and
> > reinstalled the php5-ps (64 bit) package through the package manager to no
> > effect.
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> Does this issue coincide with an upgrade to PHP 5.4, and if so, which
> version of PHP were you running before?
>
> You could try to email the maintainer listed, Uwe Steinmann <
> u...@steinmann.cx> or <ste...@php.net>, but it looks like it's been a while
> since anyone has touched that code.
>
> If this is because of backwards incompatible changes in PHP (e.g.,
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration54.incompatible.php,
> http://php.net/manual/en/migration53.incompatible.php), you could try to
> avoid the PHP bindings Uwe developed and merely use PHP to call a C program
> that directly deals with his project pslib:
> http://pslib.sourceforge.net/
>
> Sorry for the trouble,
>
> Adam
>
> --
> Nephtali:  A simple, flexible, fast, and security-focused PHP framework
> http://nephtaliproject.com

Adam,
Don't apologize. Thanks for the reply.
It certainly could be due to an upgrade. I wrote my code a while ago, then let
it sit. A few days ago I tried to use it again. I first had to deal with a
change in the way call by reference worked in php. (I had to delete the '&'
from some function calls.) Did that correspond to the 5.3 -> 5.4 upgrade?
I will look at the links you provided.
Thanks again.
Ray