On 3/14/2013 12:43 PM, Dale H. Cook wrote:
At 11:20 AM 3/14/2013, Jim Giner wrote:

And use a captcha (which I personally can never read!) to keep the robots at
bay.

I dislike CAPTCHAs, and some bots are pretty good at beating them. I'm
exploring alternatives that exploit the differences between the ways that bots
deal with pages and the ways that humans deal with pages.

Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS and MA Society of Mayflower Descendants;
Plymouth Co. MA Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project
Administrator of http://plymouthcolony.net

My thinking is that if your web page doesn't have a reference to a document name in it (which it won't in my example), then the bots don't have anything to identify and therefore won't steal your product. Your users can either be presented with the document immediately or can choose one from a list (menu) and have it appear on the next page they see. Again - the document names will not be present in the html page, only in the php behind its creation.