I think the big takeaway there is that JAVA is one of the primary language
for larger companies and applications. Start ups tend to use smaller easier
to use tools like php / javascript / python / ruby.

I saw one figure recently that put php at 75% of websites out there (i
think that came out when google decided to support php for the app engine)