On Sep 18, 2013, at 09:38, Negin Nickparsa <nickpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Sebastian..actually I will already have one if qualified for the
> job. Yes, and I may fail to handle it that's why I asked for guidance.
> I wanted some tidbits to start over. I have searched through yslow,
> HTTtrack and others.
> I have searched through php list in my email too before asking this
> question. it is kind of beneficial for all people and not has been asked
> directly.
>

> Sincerely
> Negin Nickparsa
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Sebastian Krebs <krebs....@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> 2013/9/18 Negin Nickparsa <nickpa...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> In general, what are the best ways to handle high traffic websites?
>>>
>>> VPS(clouds)?
>>> web analyzers?
>>> dedicated servers?
>>> distributed memory cache?
>>>

>> Yes :)
>>
>> But seriously: That is a topic most of us spent much time to get into it.
>> You can explain it with a bunch of buzzwords. Additional, how do you define
>> "high traffic websites"? Do you already _have_ such a site? Or do you
>> _want_ it? It's important, because I've seen it far too often, that
>> projects spent too much effort in their "high traffic infrastructure" and
>> at the end it wasn't that high traffic ;) I wont say, that you cannot be
>> successfull, but you should start with an effort you can handle.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sebastian
>>

>>> Sincerely
>>> Negin Nickparsa
>>>

>> --
>> github.com/KingCrunch

Your question is way too vague to be answered properly... My best guess would
be that it depends severely on the type of website you have and how's the
current implementation being well... implemented.

Simply said: what works for Facebook may/will not work for linkedIn, twitter or
Google, mainly because the type of search differs A LOT: facebook is about
relations between people, twitter is about small pieces of data not mainly
interconnected between each other, while Google is all about links and all type
of content: from little pieces of information through whole Wikipedia.

You could start by studying how varnish and redis/memcached works, you could
study about how proxies work (nginx et al), CDNs and that kind of stuff, but if
you want more specific answers, you could better ask specific question.

In the PHP area, an opcode cache does the job very well and can accelerate the
page load by several orders of magnitude, I recommend OPCache, which is already
included in PHP 5.5.

Greetings.