If I am talking to other geeky types I explain the full history of
"Personal Home
Page" outgrowing it's name to become "PHP: Hypertext Processor" , recursive
like
"GNU" ete. etc.

If I am talking to non geeky types, and they bother to ask, I go with
"Professional
Hypertext Processor".

Brian

At 22:54 1/08/2001 -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > > PHP Hypertext Preprocessor.
> >
> > Which does not explain the php
>
>Sure it does - look in the titlebar of your browser when you go to
>http://php.net
>
>-Rasmus
>

>--

Brian White
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd - SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Phone: +612-93197901
Web:   http://www.steptwo.com.au/
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]