In my experience Scandinavia (well nordic really, can't forget finland) and
germany (and a few other european countries...notably not england) are much
more open to open source (no pun intended) to open source and the like..
their concerns are sensible ones. Something in the mentality. northern
america/UK etc are much more short-sighted in their perspective.

Just a norwegians point of view, thats all.......