hi Patrick,
your question is not entirely clear.

> I try to get a URL like: www.server.com?var=xyz

i would recommend www.server.com/x.php?var=xyz as with a link as
www.server.com you are relying on the server (by the way, which server do
you use and is the error only at home or only online or...?)  to find a
standard file in the root directory of www.server.com. And i'm not sure the
?var=xyz is being passed on to that file then.

> the problem is, that this is very good restricted by serverside.
>
> But now I already get the file, and no more the error-message,
> but the problem is, that the file will not completly load.
>
> this means, I receive the file, but only the first 4188 bytes from
> 11988 bytes.

please tell us the error message and what do you mean by getting the file:
do you mean you get any php output? where does it stop?

> If I call the site with a BROWSER, I'll get the full file, but it
> is nessessary to have this page into a string, to read out a specific
> position.

so, how do you 'call the site' else than with a browser? do you mean ftp?