Why would people move away from a package they paid for already?
 Especially
if it's backed up by another company - I'm guessing there's probably
some maintenance
contracts they will be signing.

I'd suggest you (Jay) look at some other OS projects which may be more
full-featured
already, and show those.  Chris is right - it depends somewhat on a
timeline.  But there's
going to have to be some custom work to get things "just right", OR they
will need to
adapt the business to the software, instead of the software to the
business.
 (which costs more in the long run?)

re: Windows - I think you're being a bit hard on it.  As much as I
support Linux, etc., after
a few weeks of teething a Windows setup, we've had it up and running
without
any major incidents in over a year.  (SQL7)

re: featureset - what kind of features do you not have that this other
package has?

Do you already have SQL7 in house?  If not, you'll need to purchase
SQL2000, which
"seems" to be $5k.  If you do named licensing, it may be a bit cheaper -
depends on your
company size.  Plus the cost of the Win machine, if you don't already
have that.  Figure
an extra $6k on top of the cost of the software.  Is it worth $6k to
have something
next week, or can they wait another month while you feverishly add the
missing features -
"exactly to spec" - for a custom fit?

Michael Kimsal
http://www.tapinternet.com/php/