In adition to that, you may want to check out the online
documentation on the www.php.net website. Find the section
under mySQL.
If you know how to manipulate data using SQL, php apis are
very easy to use ......
www.mysql.com could be good resource for you as well.
if you have a specific question in mind, fire it away!!!

Erisen

--- Martín Marqués <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Vie 17 Ago 2001 19:17, you wrote:
> > I am new to MySql but wanting to use PHP to update and
> maintain a database.
> > I thought I might use MySql.
> >
> > I have installed MySql, and in PHP have created a
> database called 'mydir'.
> > I am trying to find php functions to add new
> records/fields to the
> > database, but all I can find are functions to query and
> get information
> > from a database.
>
> You should first learn howto use an SQL database, and
> after that think about
> using it. Read the MySQL tutorial. It's somewhrere in
> there web site.
>
> Saludos... :-)
>
> --
> Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
> si podés usar PostgreSQL?

> Martín Marqués                  |
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de
> Telematica
>                        Universidad Nacional
>                             del Litoral

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Mehmet Erisen
http://www.erisen.com