All,

After a frantic week of development and digging into the bowels of the PHP
scripting engine, I've produced an initial version of a run time
accelerator. This works for Linux only, and the current version was built
with RedHat 7.0.1, PHP 4.0.6, and Apache 1.3.12 and 1.3.20. This is a shared
library extension to the Zend engine with a one line config entry to the
php.ini file to enable it.

I put together a site this evening with some notes, a few performance
indications, and the downloads at http://212.67.208.211  It is currently far
from optimal, but it halved the processing time of the index.php file on
that site for example so it's working in the right direction :-)

I started this basically because I wanted it to speed up my own site code,
but then thought that every one (well, us Linux users anyway), should be
able to have it too.  As I say on the site, this may not work 100% reliably
yet, and it's only a week old, but now passes all my tests and some complex
scripts, so is well on the way.

I welcome any feedback.

Nick