Hi folks

I think I am being dumb but I just can't figure out a way to do this:

I have a static array inside a function, and I want caller to be able to
set/get values in the array.

Something like this:

<?php
data_store( "set", "my_array['key1']['key2']", "my new value")

function data_store( $action, $variable, $value )
{
     static my_array = array( ) ;

     if( $action == "set" )
     {
          // set my new value
?>
I have been mucking about with eval( ) and with variable variables, but
can't get it to work.
Can some kind person point out what I am missing??

Thanks

Geoff Caplan