aHAH! I finally got it working by using most of the elements of the configure
you guys provided. I'm very grateful for your help.
I think the major difference in what you did and what I had originally
was the apxs program. I'm using RedHat 7.x which doesn't install with apxs
by default. I didn't realize that apxs appears in the apache bin directory as
of the source, instead I loaded it from an rpm on the RedHat distro disk. So
you used "--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs" I just said "--with-apxs"
which picked it up elsewhere.
apxs appears to be a Perl script and the one in /usr/local/apache/bin is
from the one I loaded. I think that script is what constructs the DSO, so maybe
is important to use the apxs which comes with the version of Apache you want
to use. I'll try to experiment with this further when I get some time.
I don't think I would have been able to figure this out without help from Peter
Clarke and I82much, thanks gentlemen!
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]