On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:38, Maxim Maletsky \(PHPBeginner.com\) wrote:
> Don't do it with PHP. Instead use the native functions of mySQL itself.
>
> Use the combination of CONCAT(), some string and date functions of
> mySQL.
> Something like CONCAT(SUBSTRING(), SUBSTRING(), ...) so you end up in
> the right time format i.e.: 0000-00-00. With that string you should be
> able to do time comparisons within mySQL database.
>
> In other words, go to mySQL documentation and read there. mySQL will do
> it way better and faster than PHP.
>
> Cheers,
> Maxim Maletsky
> PHPBeginner.com

And, as someone recently pointed out in response to a similar suggestion
I made, there is a mysql DATE_FORMAT function that will do the same thing
without the CONCATS.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   For every vision there is an equal and opposite revision.