Hello-

I am dreading having to break out my perl books, so here is a thought
about using PHP on the server to handle a chore for me.

I have a Linux ftp server that accepts files from a mainframe every
night.  I need to take those files, determine when the transfer is
done and then re-send them to another machine across a wan.  When that
transfer is complete I need to make a new directory (date would be ok)
and move all of the files into that directory, tar them and finally
produce a status page.

Thoughts?  Has anyone tried this with php?  BTW--it has to be automatic
as a cron job.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott