Mark,
Backing John's question up by one iteration: is there a PHP environment variable which
can be used to
distinguish between code being run from the command line and code being run in a
browser?
- and the Million dollar question, sorry make that the M$ question: will it also work
under Windows?
Please advise,
=dn

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:18:37 -0400, John A. Grant wrote:
>I have an xxx.php page that runs on my Unix server.  I also
>run php.exe on my NT box to generate the corresponding
>xxx.html file like this:
>  c:\> php -q xxx.php > xxx.html
>
>The xxx.php file contains stuff like this:
>  print "hello\n";
>
>That means stdout from the server and the xxx.html file
>both contain \n.  I would like the xxx.html file to contain
>\r\n so it can be viewed/edited with notepad. Yes,
>notepad and \r\n both suck, but that's another story...
>
>So I guess I would like my code to look like this:
>  if(running php.exe on my NT box){

try:
if (strstr(php_uname(), "Windows")) {

--