On Wednesday 31 October 2001 09:08 am, you wrote:
> It doesn't do much good to test on a nix box because what I'm looking
> for is a solution to a PHP/SMTP problem.

Really?  No good at all, huh?  I would think that would answer the question
right there if it was an SMTP problem or a problem that lies elsewhere.  If
you take SMTP out of the equation, and the problem still occurs, then you
know that's not the issue.  If the problem does go away, then you've isolated
it to either PHP SMTP code (probably) or your SMTP server (not as likely, but
still a possibilty)

--kurt