> >It depends on where value is coming from.  If it's coming from the
> >script server side, then you just need to make sure that $value is
> >set before the line "<form action=" gets printed.  If it's coming from
> >the client side, there may be other problems...
> $value is defined in the server-side script, but gets activated in the
> client's form (after clicking a checkbox) :-(.

Ok, then you are going to need to use Javascript to make this work.
Here is some *very rough* pseudo-code:

<?

  echo "<form action=\"\" method=\"post\" name=\"pageForm\">\n";

  $anchorTag = "FOO";
  echo "<input type=\"checkbox\"

OnClick=\"document.pageForm.action.value=\"$PHP_SELF#$anchorTag\">\n";

  $anchorTag = "BAR";
  echo "<input type=\"checkbox\"

OnClick=\"document.pageForm.action.value=\"$PHP_SELF#$anchorTag\">\n";

?>

or something along those lines.  You are going to have to set the value
of the form's action on the client side, not the server side.

For the checkbox, I don't know of "OnClick" is the right event.  You
will need to look up that form element in a javascript guide for the
event that you want.

HTH

Chris