I asked this on php-install list, but got no response so here goes...

I simply cannot get session to work correctly. Here's the test script:

include("incl.php");
session_start();
$mine++;
session_register("mine");
echo $mine;

incl.php includes code to save/retrieve session information to/from DB.  It
calles session_set_save_handler at the end.

What happens is I get an error because it is trying to read the variable out
and I get a DB error, but my session writing routine is never called...I
know, because I have a print in there. And of course, the var doesn't
increment upon refreshes - it remains 1.

I've seen this before, and it was fixed, but I forget how it was done, as I
didn't actually implement the solution (I hear and I forget, I do and I
remember, I guess). About my system:

FreeBSD 4.4
Apache 1.3.20
PHP 4.0.6

Any and all help appreciated.

--
Sean LeBlanc:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome