use: { header("location: new_full_url_here"); exit; }

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin deRuyter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 9:42 AM
To: PHP
Subject: [PHP] redirection rather than include()

This is a PHP newbie trying to figure something out.

I am creating a web-app which begins with a login page and goes through the
typical user/pass validation and upon success moves to a frameset where the
application will run.  The action of the login form is act_login.php.  In
that script I validate the user/pass and, upon validation, include() the
frameset script.  However, I would rather redirect the browser to the
frameset script.  In other words I want to progression to go like this...

login form --> successful login (determined by act_login.php) --> redirect
browser to app frameset

This scenario is probably swimming in technicalities, and I'm probably just
fine using the include() statement.  However, I guess my overall question
is... is there a way to redirect the browser to a new URL (eg. php script)
inside something as simple as an if/then statement?

Thanks!