It should be $category[0] = $glacier;
                            ^--- ERROR in you code

Niklas

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 5. helmikuuta 2002 11:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Tricky array question

Hi there,

I have a tricky array question.

My app is passing via post a array variable called glacier. Now I am
checking for the content of this array. Because there are more of those
arrays, I am getting all the names out of a db.

How is it possible to get the value and keep the name of the array
dynamic?

e.g:
Array name passed by post is:                                 $glacier
//
contains e.g. $glacier[0] = testname
Array with category names coming out of db is:   $category // contains
e.g.
$category[0] = glacier

 echo $categories[0]; // returns glacier
 echo $glacier[0];      // returns testname

I tryed $categories[0][0] but it returns only the first letter of
glacier
(g)

Any ideas??

Thanx, Andy