"Philip Hallstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I don't think that string actually gets sent unless the browser receives a
> 401 Auth Required (I think that's it) header.

Any idea how this could be done without popping up the login dialog???
 - btw, I know how to do this whole thing in JavaScript (using the location
object),
    but that won't work for text browsers or oldtimers like NN 2.x.
Can I use a blank password like in "http://someUserText:@myDomainName.dom"; ?

--
THX,
Christian Blichmann

don't hesitate - email me with your thoughts:
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 - please remove the ".nospam" from address.