On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 07:34, Erik Price wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 09:53  AM, Rick Emery wrote:
>
> > try:
> > header("Location:
> > domain.com/errorpage.php?errorcode=".urlencode($errorcode));

First to the original question: yes, querys are allowed in Location
headers, according to RFC 2616 (HTTP 1.1) and RFC 2396 (URI Generic
Syntax). And, they've always worked for me, so your problem must be
elsewhere.

Did you try print_r($_REQUEST); in the receiving script?

> I tried that, and it didn't work.  But it does raise a question, which
> I'll ask in a minute.  I also tried doing
> $errorcode = basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
> $errorcode = urlencode($errorcode);
> header("Location: http://domain.com/errorpage.php?errorcode=$errorcode";);
>
> Which also didn't work.
>

> My question is unrelated to my problem, simply for my own edification:
> Can you break out of a quoted string and use the dot to concatenate a
> variable in the way that you did in your example?  I didn't know that
> was allowed -- I suppose the "header()" function is simply taking a
> string as an argument ("Location: n"), but can we do this kind of string
> manipulation within a function's arguments?  I'm not trying to question
> you, only to tie up a loose end.

Yup, totally. Function call syntax list is like this:

 <function-name>(<expr1>[, <expr2>][, . . .]) { <statement block> }

Any argument may be an expression. If that expression evaluates to the
type which that function is expecting for that argument, so much the
better. :) Just remember that the argument expressions are always
evaluated *first*, and the resulting values are then passed to the
function.

Hope this helps,

Torben

--