I think changing a setting in php.ini will do it, I'm just not sure
which one. session.cache_expire seems like it might do something, or
maybe session.gc_maxlifetime. Look them up in the manual

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Gilbert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 7:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sessions that last for ever

By default, a session (created with session_register) seems to last just

as long as the user has their browser open.  If a user quits the
browser, the session is automatically destroyed.

I want a session to last indefinitely (or until my program destroys
it).  There are some hints about how this could be done with cookies in
the documentation, but not a clear recipe.  What sequence of PHP
statements should I use to achieve this?

Thanks for any help,

Nigel