Is your ISP running Apache?  If so, they should allow you to create a
.htaccess file.  You can set all of PHP's ini parameters from there with
the php_value/php_flag directives in PHP 4 or (in)directly using PHP 3.
Like this:

# PHP 4
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc on

# PHP 3
php3_magic_quotes_gpc on

Note, not only must you be allowed to use .htaccess files, but Apache
needs to be configured with AllowOverride All.

Pete

Note,