Just make a file named .htaccess with just the following line in it and
place it in the top of your web root (or in a sub-dir if you only want
it to affect those files).

php_value magic_quotes_gpc 1

That's it. Or you can just change the value in php.ini on your
production server.

---John Holmes...

magic_quotes_gpc=On.