On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 09:15  AM, Rick Emery wrote:

> use cache control in your HTML to prevent BACK button usage
> This is easily done

I've tried this using the HTTP headers recommended on the header() man
page, such as

header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

These don't seem to have the effect that I'm looking for.  Someone else
on the list suggested storing a session variable that basically says
"this page  has been filled out, do not do anything if it has been
resubmit" which is a good idea, but I was hoping to have the user
automatically re-routed to an error page if they hit the "back" button.
(The session variable idea won't work until they refresh a page or
submit a form, because they will be returning to a page in their
history.)

Erik

----

Erik Price