I use sessions every day and they are extremely reliable.  I have no
problems with them.  And they would easily do what you want.  Now getting to
that stage took a lot of blood and sweat, but I would say it's definitely
worth it due to the ease that sessions handles data.

Cheers!

Rick

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so
regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened
for us. - Alexander Graham Bell