1 is outdated information.  I've had a production server up for a year now
without a hitch. (Linux, Apache/MySQL/PHP) I'm sure others have a much
longer track-record than mine.

#2: True.  Don't use IIS, use Apache. Then you can run PHP as a module of
Apache, not as a CGI. Better but still has issues. (Then again, just
straight IIS has more issues than any option)

#3 Write your own or use ht-dig. (is that available on Windows?)

I switched a smallish site form NT 4.x/IIS/ASP/M$SQL (2 servers) to
Linux/APache/PHP/MySQL.  My uptime has dramatically improved and I saved
$15,000 in licensing fees that M$ was going to charge me to move to
Win2k/SQL2k. (And I missed out on the whole CodeRed thingy!)

Why anyone would put up a Windows server on the Internet these days is
beyond me. It costs more, it's less reliable and if the argument is
'accountability', go back and read your EULAs. (The word blameless is in
there for a reason!)

Bottom line, I can't help you argue using PHP/MySQL on a Windows platform.
The problem is not the technology, it's the platform. L.A.M.P, however, is
the most stable platform I've ever used for web site/web based application
development.

=C=
Get on the M$ treadmill.  There's a toll-booth every 10 steps.

*
* Cal Evans
* Journeyman Programmer
* Techno-Mage