On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 03:58  PM, Jason Wong wrote:

>> For those of you who write web applications (in any language), what do
>> you recommend as the best way to store arbitrary atomic data for the
>> web
>> application?  in other words, data that doesn't really need to be
>> stored
>> in a relational database, as it does not really relate to anything?
>
> Stick it in an include file?

I'm sorry, I meant to be more clear --

although include files are great for storing data that will probably not
change (but are now in a convenient include file in case they have to
change), I was thinking of making this data updateable from within the
application.  So that my employer, who does not know a thing about PHP
or MySQL, can change this information from the "administration" section
of the site.  Which is why I was thinking of using the database...

... well, I may just keep it in an include file, and if anyone ever
needs to change the data, I'll explain in the documentation where the
data should be changed.  Thanks for the tips guys

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp