I'm running PHP 4.0.6 + Apache 1.3 + Oracle 8i on Windows NT as my development server,
with the live site on 2 separate Solaris servers (Apache+PHP & Oracle).  I have
absolutely no problems moving files from development to live, and for the vast
majority of cases need to make no changes to scripts.  (But I'm not using stuff like
email which is platform-dependent.)

File system interaction is also not a problem, so long as you stick to using "/"
(rather than "\") in all pathnames, have identical structures on both servers, and use
relative pathnames whenever possible.  (Absolute pathnames beginning with a / also
shouldn't be a problem so long as all your Windows files are on the same drive, such
as C:.)  You might, however, come unstuck if you fall foul of rights restrictions on
Linux which aren't enforced on your Windows machine.

If you do come across any essential differences, you may want to consider keeping an
installation-specific include file on each machine which defines constants for the
relevant values.  Then if a value ever changes (or you need a new one), you only need
to edit the two include files, not all your individual script files.

The only other thing to watch for is functions that simply aren't defined under
Windows.  Fortunately, most of these are well documented in the online manual -- but
you need to keep an eye out for them!

Good luck!

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]