Hello r,

Sunday, May 12, 2002, 4:25:37 AM, you wrote:

r> Greetings people,
r> Special greetings to all of you who have helped me in the past.

r> As most of you know i am a newbie, I learned a bit of PHP via webmonkey and
r> a few other places, seeing the power of PHP i decided to convert from Java
r> servlets and JSP (JSP coz its expensive to host and not many hosting
r> opportunities) so I baught a book called "The PHP black book".
r> Anyway, now that the background is done heres my questions:

r> 1)How many of you have seriously dug into arrays and has it been important
r> in your programming?
r> 1.1)Do you think you could have done the same thing you did with arrays
r> WITHOUT arrays?
r> (The reason i ask this is theres a whole chapter dedicated to arrays in the
r> book & its pretty frustrating)

Arrays in PHP are very useful and easy to use. I had no problem. And I
have no book about PHP :). I use manual, because it's the best book. I
looked through some books and find that the PHP manual is MUCH better.

r> Last question:
r> Is ther any function to make the program "sleep" for 10 seconds or so? or
r> does anybody have a function that does this?

It's called sleep() :)
Once again, use manual. Espacially if you work on Windows. Then just
download the manual in CHM.It includes index and search capabilities.

--
Best regards,
 Olexandr                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]