This sounds like it might work.  Thanks for your help!!  I knew there had to
be a better way than what my coworkers came up with :-)

-Natalie

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Cummings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 4:09 PM
To: Leotta, Natalie (NCI/IMS)
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] refreshing PHP on onClick

"Leotta, Natalie (NCI/IMS)" wrote:

> It's all in a password protected site because the data's all
> confidential at this point in time, but I can give you a mental
> picture.
>
> There are a bunch of dropdowns - State, Cancer, Sex, Race, Age.  We're
> drawing a graph of best fit lines - up to 5 allowed on the graph, then
> we start over replacing them.  We don't draw the actual data points
> unless the user clicks on a checkbox.  They want that checkbox to be
> instant gratification, without making the user refresh.  I just want a
> way to make it do the refresh (and let me change that one variable, so
> it draws the points or doesn't draw the points), but not a full submit
> because that would add another line to the graph.

Since you're already using javascript... you could try generating 2 images
at the same time, one with the data points drawn, the other without, then
using the same technology as for javascript rollovers, you could replace the
image when the onClick event is caught. Instant gratification, and no messy
varable replacements.

> I'm sorry I can't send you the URL at this stage of the game.  it
> should be up and running this summer though :-)

No problem, completely understandable :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
| Robert Cummings |