thanks for the insights. :)

basically the 2 files are from 2 different domains saving to the same
database server. the 2 sites share the same userbase. and when the
registration form is submitted to the 2nd site, upon successful
registration, it will redirect back to the 1st site and display a
success page. otherwise it will redirect back to the 1st site and
prompting them an error.

you probably wonder why the complexity of the above scenario. basically
the 2nd site has a ssl cert while the 1st site doesn't. so as a cost
saving measure, the 1st site will be using the 2nd site's ssl cert to
complete the user registration process.

hope the above make sense to you.

lance