Just something to note, but the form, when displayed, won't have the
"lock" or "key" or whatever, signifying a secure connection to the user.
Depending on what kind of data you are collecting, this could be an
issue. Most people probably won't notice, but if you're serving a
smarter crowd, they may be hesitant to submit their form data, thinking
it's going over an unsecured link...

---John Holmes...

basically
> the 2nd site has a ssl cert while the 1st site doesn't. so as a cost
> saving measure, the 1st site will be using the 2nd site's ssl cert to
> complete the user registration process.
>
> hope the above make sense to you.
>
> lance
>
> Michael Sweeney wrote:
>
> >Your form action parameter has an absolute url specifying an https
> >protocol. When the browser submits the form, it uses the url you
specify
> >which is https. So the request is going to be encrypted. You might
> >consider serving the form page from https as well to kind of tighten
> >things up a little, but the data will be posted under https which is
an
> >encrypted connection. Your main problem is going to be the fact that
the
> >http and https services are accessing two different file system
spaces
> >(or they should be unless you've got your server badly misconfigured)
so