> *ANY* time you can sort/search in SQL, or you can do it in PHP, the SQL
way
> will be faster.

< and >

> Grouping and sorting is something databases specialize in.

Any suggestions on how to do this?  Currently I have a table with Headers &
another table with Pages...  Should I create yet another table for
Sub-Headers?  The other thing I've thought of is putting everything in 1
table, but this seems slightly daunting.  Here are the SQL statements I used
to make the 2 tables I currently have -

CREATE TABLE Headers (
 Header_ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
 Header VARCHAR(25),
 HeaderOrder INT NOT NULL,
 HeaderInfo TEXT,
 PRIMARY KEY(Header_ID));

CREATE TABLE Pages (
 Page_ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
 PageTitle VARCHAR(25),
 Header_ID INT NOT NULL,
 PageOrder INT NOT NULL,
 PageContent TEXT,
 PRIMARY KEY(Page_ID));

& then my current sql statement for php -

$query = "SELECT * " .
 "FROM Headers LEFT JOIN Pages ON (Headers.Header_ID=Pages.Header_ID) " .
 "ORDER BY HeaderOrder DESC, Header, PageOrder DESC, PageTitle;";

Any ideas on optimizing this?  DB stuff doesn't come near the top of things
I'm good at :)  The other problem is that any pages that end up having no
Header "disappear", which is a good thing on the menu, but a bad thing on
the admin pages when you're trying to connect all of them.

Patrick