I've been trying and trying to get my site to work lately and all but one
part does.  Of course that one part is the most important part (it always
is).

My problem is probably rather simple to most of you, but I don't know how to
get around it: My script does not have permissions to write/append files or
just flat out create the files; it can read any files (accessed
"files//nameoffile.xml").  Originally I was working with text files, but
that didn't work either (and had the exact same problems).

So my question is this: how do I get my script to have permissions to write
or append to any file?