There is no simple answer here. I have started using classes where I find
I am writing a lot of related functions that share similar
parameters. Database connection and queries are a good
example. Authentication is another.

I have another class that builds forms, because I just hate the tedium of
coding HTML forms by hand. It is really just a collection of functions,
though, and could work fine as such.

I'm still learning/exploring ... I am always guided by the principle that
whatever makes less work for me (but achieves the same result) is probably
a good thing.

IMHO classes are best for more universal code that really can be used in
many different places. My functions tend to be more application specific.

My 2 cents

Michael

--
n   i   n   t   i  .   c   o   m