On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Simon Troup wrote:
> ... quark reports things like unexpected EOF (even though when I open
> the file in a text editor they have same number of lines and "look"
> identical), I've also tried a few things with the Mac resource forks to
> no avail.
>
> Has anyone tried something like this before? Does the fread() fwrite()
> change line endings from mac to unix or something?

I am guessing the problem is that you're changing string lenghts and the
data structure used by QuarkXPress contains string length indicators. Once
you make a change to the length of a string without changing the length
indicator, it gets hopelessly confused.

Frankly, I do not think this will be an easy project. The QuarkXPress data
file is a pretty complex beast.

What are you actually trying to achieve? Perhaps there is another way.

miguel