>I'm trying to connect to a Java application that's listening on a socket
>using SSL.  I am trying to use fsockopen with the address beginning with
>ssl://, but it doesn't work.  There's no error message that I can find,
>it just doesn't create the file-handler.
>
>Here's some sample code:
>
><?
> $hostname = 'ssl://155.246.211.23';

You have to be running PHP 4.3.0 (IE, CVS or snapshot) to use 'ssl://' with
fsockopen, according to the manual.

You may have to use cURL for now, or develop in 4.3.0 and deploy when it's
ready, or...

It will be pretty cool when the SSL stuff can be done as transparently as
http:// can right now!

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm
I'm looking for a PRO QUALITY two-input sound card supported by Linux (any