Thanks all. I have now resolved. For future reference, the problem was as
you said, I didn't have php configured for mysql support. I traced this back
to the installation of the operating system, Red Hat 7.2. Through the
graphical installation, all php modules apart from mysql support and odbc
support are installed by default. These two have to be specifically chosen,
which I didn't do. Anyway problem now resolved

This e-mail is intended for the recipient only and
may contain confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient then you should reply
to the sender and take no further ation based
upon the content of the message.
Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure and
CCM Limited does not accept any responsibility
for changes made to this message. 
Although checks have been made to ensure this
message and any attchments are free from viruses
the recipient should ensure that this is the case.

PHP General Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit:

Reply via email to