Hello,

On 08/13/2002 06:10 PM, Alan Hale wrote:
> My Web hosting company has just withdrawn (with no notice) support for PHP
> extensions on the grounds they represent security risks and they don't wish
> to spend time and effort in evaluating and compensating for those risks.
>
> I'd welcome views on how reasonable this is.
>
> The extension I'm mainly concerned about is GD, which I rely on for
> interactive mapping functionality. I find it hard to see how this is a
> security risk, but I'm no expert and prepared to be enlightened.

They are basically saying that what you are paying is not worth the
effort of upgrading PHP version recompiling ith with such extensions.

They are so many hosting companies in the world, why are you still
hanging on a company that thinks what you pay is not worth it? It is
time to switch.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos