I know similar threads have come up on this in the past but I suspect it's a
constantly changing picture.

I recently saw a favourable review of Zend Studio 2.5 but wondered, out of curiosity,
what sort of tools people use to develop PHP scripts and MySQL databases, tables and
queries.

Up until now, in an attempt to try and get to grips with these packages, I've been
using a variety of text editors from VI to Kwrite.  But I'm wondering whether it might
speed up development times if I start to use one of the tools out there for working
with PHP and MySQL.

Any thoughts?

Michael Egan