From: "David Buerer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 7:20 PM
Subject: RE: [PHP] Upload Progress

Ya' know guys i'm sitting here thinking about this problem because I have
the same problem on one of my sites.  A bunch of inpatient stupid users whom
are click happy when they get impatient. Event a 100K upload can take to
long!

I don't like the ASP idea.  It's really not a good solution.  I'm almost
wondering if a JAVA solution which can do FTP directly or maybe a direct
socket connection/transfer with Macromedia Flash would work. Both of these
ways you could better monitor what's going on at the packet level and
therefore giving a lot of control over something like a progress bar.  Who
knows.  It's got to be something other than PHP though because PHP is after
all only a server side language.