[snip]
I created a button called "Memorize" but how do I have the page save the
values to my MySQL database when the user clicks on the button.  I
understand that I can only use JavaScript to trap the "OnClick()" function
and not PHP but I cannot use JavaScript to write to a MySQL table.  I do not
want to submit as that would reload the form and the user would lose other
changes to other fields.

Any idea?
[/snip]

Yep. Submit the form variables to a PHP script that either does a SQL UPDATE
or INSERT depending upon the condition of the form information. JavaScript
is not necessary for this.

HTH!

Jay